Monday, October 1, 2012

The Final Four

               The book I have chosen for this semester is called The Final Four by Paul Valponi, The author of this book has written other books and another that some students at John Carroll are familiar is the book Black and White. I picked this book because I enjoy reading about sports it is just a part of who I am. It seemed interesting to read and I thought I would enjoy reading this book. The main character of this book is Malcom. He grew up in the streets of New York where the area was hood like. His uncle would teach him how to play and he fell in love with the game. It kept him away from the troubles he could have faced in the areas he lived in and he was focused all day everyday on basketball. This story is about the final four of ncaa basketball. These are the final four teams to determine who will be the champion of ncaa basketball for the year. The dream of Malcom is to make the NBA and he has to succeed on this stage and lead his team to victory here while Roko is playing for the pride of his home country Crotia. It comes down to these two men to lead their teams to victory and it will depend upon which player has more skill, but ultimately which player has the will and heart to do anything to win.

URL for picture: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4pKdq6zqWkjZEE6s0PATcdap6AqgBnF9DucZe3UgWTaqgGCq7aWDaSkfWgmGvzkCxfVjJlPTjQVID00RBjoUyVUz1C4uDHfwv5jBb1QZnrJL6INL9i0AejoNCZwcd9groo2ci7d_WRBDE/s1600/final+four.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment